Making My List, Checking it Twice
I thought I’d interrupt my gift guide coverage with a little holiday bucket list, so you can see what I’m actually planning on doing (instead of shopping for!) this November and December. I have about two dozen lists in the notes section of my phone, and this is one of them, so I figured why not share it with you all too?!
I also included a New York City-specific mini guide as well! I’ve been to a bunch of these, and the rest were recommended to me by you all or peeps I know who have lived in NYC longer than I have.
I hope that either section inspires you to make your own list, take the afternoon off to do something festive, or simply get together with your best friends for a holiday movie and cookie baking night in!
My Holiday Bucket List
- Decorate and photograph our apartment (to share with you all and have to remember forever!)
- Watch at least five Christmas movies (Johnny and I will make a list of these and we will get to WAY more than five)
- Do a Christmas devotional for the month of December
- Bake the Pillsbury Christmas cookies like this
- Visit at least three places on the below list of holiday activities in NYC!
New York City Holiday Festivities
- WHAT TO DO: go ice skating at one of the many rinks the city has (like Central Park Wollman Rink, Rockefeller Center Rink, Brant Park Rink), the tree at Rockefeller Center, see the light show at the Saks Fifth Avenue store, go to The Nutcracker ballet, visit the Christmas tree at the Lotte New York Palace Hotel (I heard that they sadly weren’t putting it up this year though!!), see the Radio City Music Hall’s Christmas Spectacular Show (with the Rockettes!), walk through the lobby at The Plaza Hotel, window shop via the holiday windows on Fifth Avenue, visit the Museum of Ice Cream’s ‘Pinkmas’ exhibit!
- WHERE TO EAT/DRINK: Rolf’s, Pete’s Tavern, Oscar Wilde, Magic Hour, Boilermaker, The Standard’s Winter Garden, Bloom’s Tavern, SERRA Alpina by Eataly (turns into winter-themed decor!), The Greens rooftop at Pier 17
- WHERE TO SHOP: Anywhere down Fifth Avenue, holiday markets in Bryant Park, holiday markets in Columbus Circle, Macy’s, Bloomingdale’s, LoveShackFancy (in the UES and West Village), Hudson Yards, Brookfield Place
- WHERE TO TAKE PHOTOS: ‘Believe’ sign on the side of Macy’s, Cartier on 5th Ave, Rolf’s, Hudson Yards, Brookfield Place, World Trade Center Oculus, Lotte New York Palace Hotel, The Peninsula New York Hotel