Today I’m talking about something that I rarely cover on le blog… food. I am by no means a food blogger, and if you’re good friends with me enough to know my eating habits, then you are definitely laughing already because you’re aware that I could literally survive off of pizza, coffee, and gummies. 😊
BUT, I feel like I do *possibly* have some insight to share with the other non-foodies out there, who may relate to my want of eating snacks for every meal and never cooking something that takes longer than ten minutes… so, here is how I food shop to make it as easy as possible!
How I Shop for Groceries
Through my post-grad lifestyle of not having a literal dining hall steps from me, I’ve figured out a few hacks that save me a lot of time when it comes to cooking and grocery shopping. I grocery shop about once a week. And 90% of the time that involves never even stepping foot into a grocery store. I’ve always found that to be such a time suck for me and just all around not my favorite activity. SO, I turned to what I know best, online shopping. 😊
Since I’ve lived in Philadelphia I’ve been ordering my groceries to be delivered to my apartment. Lazy or genius? Still up for debate (ha), but it’s been working for me and it makes me happy. So we’re going with it.
That brings me to Thrive Market. Right now I get a lot of my fresh fruits and veggies, meat, cheese, almond milk, coffee creamer, etc. from Whole Foods via Amazon Fresh delivery. Occasionally, I’ll go to Trader Joes to pick up fresh food there, but I get most of my snacks, pastas, and non-perishables from Thrive. I’ve loved using them so much in the past year+, that I wanted to dedicate an entire blog post to my most recent Thrive Market grocery haul.
What is Thrive Market?
Thrive Market is an online marketplace that carries top-selling organic food and product brands. Organic is usually synonymous with expensive, but Thrive manages to sell their goods at wholesale prices. Yes. I usually can’t believe how low their prices are!
Here’s how it works: you pay an annual fee of $59, or $5/month, and in turn you get access to all of the food that they sell at wholesale costs. Plus, shipping is always free over $49. You usually end up saving the $59 you pay for the yearly membership within your first two orders from Thrive.
I have found it to be one of the best investments I’ve made in my health and eating habits. And honestly could not recommend it more. It’s especially helpful for those who have allergies or are eating dairy or gluten free. I’ve switched over all of my milk, creamer, and yogurt to be dairy free, have so loved all of the options that Thrive has. Try it out through this link to get your first order at 25% off!
My Thrive Market Favorites
Here are the products I got in my most recent Thrive order– they’re all favorites of mine that I would highly recommend trying out if you’re placing an order for the first time!
- Surf Sweets Sour Worms: These are the best natural gummies I’ve come across. They’re made with organic cane sugar and have a full serving of vitamin C in each bag!
- Beanfields Nacho Bean and Rice Chips: These taste like Dorito’s but without all of the guilt… and they’re protein + fiber packed!
- Banza Chickpea Mac & Cheese: 9/10 now I am substituting regular pasta for chickpea pasta. It doesn’t make me nearly as tired! This one is packed with more protein and fiber than regular pasta, and has fewer carbs. It’s even naturally gluten and dairy free!
- RenewLife Organic Probiotic Fiber: I mix a tablespoon of this fiber into my coffee each morning (you can’t taste it at all!), and it keeps me full for hours! It helps provide your recommended daily dose of fiber and removes digestive toxins. I couldn’t recommend it more.
- Blue Diamond Almond Nut-Thins: I use these gluten free almond crackers as a vehicle for all my dips (spinach artichoke, hummus, cheese, you name it). The sea salt ones taste awesome with just about anything!
- Annie’s Cheesy Ravioli: I’ve found this to be the quickest + easiest organic dinner option. It takes two minutes in the microwave and costs about $2… you can’t get easier than that!
- Seeds of Change Brown Basmati Rice: I will pair this organic brown rice with salmon burgers, veggie burgers, and just about anything that you can pair with rice. It only takes 90 seconds in the microwave!
- Bobo’s Stuffed Oat Bites, Peanut Butter & Jelly: I pack these as my “drive from home snack” from work, when I need a little energy pick-me-up. They’re handmade in Colorado and taste like a PB&J rolled in oats!
- NOKA Superfood Smoothie in Strawberry Pineapple: These portable smoothies are so convenient because you don’t need to refrigerate them! The strawberry pineapple flavor is delicious, and full of healthy fats, plant protein, and superfoods… do I sound healthy yet?! 😊
- Organic Pasta Vodka Sauce: I love to pair this with the Banza chickpea rigatoni pasta! I like it better than regular tomato sauce.
- Banza Rigatoni Chickpeas Pasta: Again, I seriously cannot get enough of chickpea pasta! I would say that pasta is one of my favorite foods, but it’s basically equivalent to taking melatonin for me– it knocks me out! Chickpea pasta tastes nearly the same to me, but has half the net carbs of regular pasta. Therefore, I don’t minding subbing out my beloved pasta with it most of the time!
- Foaming Hand Wash, Coconut Vanilla: This hand soap smells divine (I’m a sucker for anything coconut or vanilla, and when they’re combined I *have* to have it). We have this one right by our kitchen sink!
- + The Peatos Ranch Puffs were a gift with purchase! They’re always offering new free snacks + exclusive discounts whenever I place a purchase, so I chose these in my last order!
Shop through this link to get 25% off your first order!
Hopefully you enjoyed my very non-food blogger take on grocery shopping. Let me know if. you end up using Thrive Market & if you have any additional questions at all! xx