Top 10 Bachelorette Destinations + What to Wear
Walking you through 10 Bachelorette destinations, including why I'd go there, where I'd stay, potential theme ideas, and what I'd wear!
Fun & Fabulous Places to Have a Bachelorette
Over the weekend I asked my best friends to be bridesmaids (more to come on that soon!), so I’m officially kicking off my Bachelorette series, which will cover the planning leading up to my Bachelorette, and then the trip in its entirety! I’m not sharing where it will be quite yet, but I will say that it’s one of these destinations and will be happening this summer…
So I thought it would be best to start this series with the destination/location part of a Bachelorette. Every Bachelorette party doesn’t need to be a trip, and I’ve seen some incredible ones that are set in the same city or hometown of the bride, but since those could happen anywhere, I wanted to focus in on ten places that could be destination Bachelorettes, or places that you live already!
Along with the locations I’m sharing, I also thought it would be fitting to include where I’d stay, what fun Bachelorette themes you could lean into for the decor, and what I’d wear as the bride, so you’ll find my commentary on these below too!
I hope this is helpful whether you’re planning a Bachelorette trip for yourself or for one of your best friends or family members (my sister and I are tag-teaming mine!). I also listed additional destinations and other resources I love at the bottom of this post too! Next on my list in this series?! Bachelorette DECOR… 🎉
- Why I’d Go Here: The best combination of stunning beaches, boutiques filled with resort wear, and seafood cuisine!
- Where I’d Stay: Villa Fantome on St. Maarten, Coral House on Harbor Island, SLS Baha Mar on Nassau, or any of the WIMCO Villa properties (on St. Barts, Turks and Caicos, the US Virgin Islands, and the British Virgin Islands!).
- Theme Ideas: Last Splash, Beach Barbie, Shell of a Time, (Mermaid) Tail to a Veil
- What I’d Wear: A chic white swimsuit, a sparkly pareo, pearl earrings, a rattan seashell bag, and nude flip flips!
- Why I’d Go Here: Southern architecture and charm, adorable boutique shopping, and a lively dining scene! See my Charleston travel guide for my recommendations and favorite spots.
- Where I’d Stay: Zero George, Hotel Bennett, this adorable pink and green Airbnb, or a vacation rental via VRBO or Airbnb!
- Theme Ideas: The Notebook (it was filmed in Charleston!), Champagne Campaign (classic champagne themed!), Cheers to Charleston (champagne and Rainbow Row themed?!)
- What I’d Wear: A white flowy sundress, a Charleston-inspired bag, comfortable sandals for walking, bamboo earrings, and a pair of tortoise sunglasses!
- Why I’d Go Here: A zen spa weekend in a quaint Connecticut town with gorgeous seasons all year long!
- Where I’d Stay: The Mayflower Inn, which is where I recently stayed for one of my best friend’s Bachelorettes!
- Theme Ideas: Pamper the Bride or SPArty (spa themed), Nancy Meyers (so cute and cozy if the bride loves her movies!)
- What I’d Wear: A fabulous pajama set post-spa, white ‘I Do’ slippers, rosé sheet masks, a glitter champagne flute (with a lid!), and a white cashmere sweater for layering up!
- Why I’d Go Here: Beautiful East Coast beaches, fun dockside and beach bars, and incredible seafood and summer eats! See my LBI travel guide for my recommendations and favorite spots on the island.
- Where I’d Stay: Hotel LBI on Long Beach Island, The Reeds in Stone Harbor, or a vacation rental via VRBO or Airbnb!
- Theme Ideas: Yachts of Fun (boating/yacht themed), A Little Bit Nauti (nautical themed), Jersey Shore (the TV show! 😂)
- What I’d Wear: A breezy embroidered smocked top, my favorite jean shorts (size up one size!), polarized sunglasses, a fun cooler to pack for the beach or the bay, and shoes you can bike easily in!
- Why I’d Go Here: To let loose with a marg in hand and enjoy the stunning vistas, fun nightlife, and adventures in the ocean or rainforest!
- Where I’d Stay: Unico 20º 87º in Riviera Maya, La Zebra in Tulum, Hotel Xcaret Arte in Playa del Carmen, or Grand Velas in Los Cabos!
- Theme Ideas: Final Fiesta (tequila and margarita themed), Tropic Like It’s Hot (tropical/palms themed)
- What I’d Wear: An oversized ruffle mini dress, a funny ‘tacos and tequila’ clutch, nude heeled sandals, statement pom pom earrings, and a stack of beaded bracelets!
- Why I’d Go Here: The best party atmosphere, truly stunning and fun beaches and beach clubs, and incredible shopping and waterfront dining! See my Mykonos travel guide for my recommendations and favorite spots on the island.
- Where I’d Stay: Nissaki Boutique Hotel or this quaint Airbnb townhouse in Mykonos Town.
- Theme Ideas: Evil Eyes (a significant symbol in Greece), Jackie O (she loved Mykonos!), Mykonos to Married (could be a cute play on words), 90s or Y2K (I just feel like those fit the vibe of Mykonos, idk 😂 )
- What I’d Wear: A flowy tie-shoulder sundress (wore that in Greece here!), strappy gold Greek sandals, a large cane tote bag, evil eye huggie earrings, and a glitter swimsuit for the beach clubs…
- Why I’d Go Here: The best music scene with country twang, incredible southern cuisine, and no lack of parties on Broadway…
- Where I’d Stay: The Graduate Hotel (very Dolly Parton inspired decor!) or a rental via VRBO or Airbnb– here’s the house Johnny’s brother had his Bachelor party at right outside of Nashville last summer!
- Theme Ideas: Nash Bash/Honky Tonk, Dolly Parton
- What I’d Wear: A metallic fringe dress, a cheeky cowgirl hat, fabulous cowgirl boots, festive boot earrings, and a Dolly Parton lounge set to change into!
- Why I’d Go Here: It’s quintessential New England grandeur (ehem Gilded Age mansions!) and really fun, casual waterside nightlife and dining! See my Newport travel guide for my recommendations and favorite spots!
- Where I’d Stay: The Newport Inn (where I stayed for a Bachelorette last summer— we rented out the whole inn!), Gurney’s, or a vacation rental via VRBO or Airbnb!
- Theme Ideas: Last Sail Before the Veil (sailboat/yacht themed), Let’s Get Nauti (nautical themed)
- What I’d Wear: A crisp white puff sleeve top, white wide-leg jeans, a pearl straw bag, raffia sandals, and coastal-inspired earrings!
New York City
- Why I’d Go Here: Cosmopolitan dining and bars, Broadway shows, and enough variety to truly do a little bit of everything!
- Where I’d Stay: The Plaza, Moxy Chelsea, or The Standard
- Theme Ideas: Eloise at The Plaza, RHONY, Taylor Swift (go to Cornelia Street and her favorite spots in NYC), Sex in the City, Breakfast at Tiffany’s
- What I’d Wear: A white silky dress, a glam sparkly clutch, clear high heels, gold hoop earrings, and a sparkly gold bracelet because it’s your Bachelorette, put on more sparkles.
Palm Beach, FL
- Why I’d Go Here: World-class hotels, fabulous shopping, sprawling beaches, and an array of dining options!
- Where I’d Stay: The Brazilian Court, The Colony, The Breakers, the Hilton West Palm Beach, or a vacation rental via VRBO or Airbnb.
- Theme Ideas: Palm Bach (instead of Palm Beach), Shake Your Palm Palms (palm tree themed), Final Flamingle (flamingo themed), She Found Her Main Squeeze (citrus themed)
- What I’d Wear: A ruffle Lilly romper, pearl jelly sandals, a pink and green bamboo tote, retro round sunglasses, and a spritz of Aerin perfume (make sure to stop by her store off Worth Ave!)